- 1 Jar of Piquillo Peppers
- 20g Peeled Garlic
- Chopped Chives
- 50 ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of sugar
SERVINGS: 1-2 pax
PREPARATION TIME: 15 mins
SPECIAL FOOD REQUIREMENTS: Gluten-free, vegetarian, nut-free
About this dish
Piquillo Pepper is a sweet variety of chilli from Navarra (IGP-Protected Geographical Indication). Traditionally the peppers were roasted in the wood-fired oven, peeled by hand and preserved.
A must-have in any Spanish Food Cupboard, all-year-round, Piquillo Peppers are perfect as garnish for roasted or grilled meats and fish, salads and simple tapas.
Step by step
- Heat Olive Oil over medium-high heat while slicing garlic
- Sauté Garlic till golden brown
- Add Piquillo Peppers together with its flavour-rich liquid
- Lower the heat, season with a pinch of salt and let it simmer until the peppers get a nice, sticky texture
- Add a pinch of sugar and garnish with chopped chives
Follow us on social media
and stay up to date with our new recipes!